- 10-port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 copper
- 8-port IEEE 802.3at PoE+ Injector (Port-1 to Port-8)
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power+ over Ethernet end-span PSE
- Up to 8 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE power up to 30.8 watts for each PoE port
- Each port supports 55V DC power to PoE powered device
- 120-watt PoE budget
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100m in standard mode with 250m in extended mode
- Hardware-based 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
- Flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN transparency
- Hardware DIP switch for Standard, VLAN and Extend mode selection; the Extend mode features 30-watt PoE transmit distance of 250m at speed of 10Mbps and VLAN isolation (Only for Port-1 to Port-8)
- Solid DIP switch to isolate ports to prevent broadcast storm and defend DHCP spoofing
- 9-inch desktop size, 1U height, rack mountable
- LED indicators for system power, per port PoE ready and PoE activity, speed, Link/Act
- Supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) function (IEEE 802.3az)
Ethernet Data Transmit Distance Extension
The built-in solid DIP switch provides “Standard”, “VLAN” and “Extend” operation modes. The GSD-1008HP operates as a normal IEEE 802.3at PoE+ switch in the “Standard” operation mode.
The “VLAN” operation mode features with port-based VLAN function that helps to prevent the IP camera’s multicast or broadcast storm from influencing each other.
In the “Extend” operation mode, the GSD-1008HP operates on a per-port basis at 10Mbps duplex operation but supports 30-watt PoE power output over a distance of up to 250 meters overcoming the 100m limit on Ethernet UTP cable. With this brand-new feature, the GSD-1008HP provides an additional solution for 802.3at PoE+ distance extension, thus saving the cost of Ethernet cable installation. Furthermore, its VLAN isolation function isolates each port so as to prevent broadcast storm and defend DHCP spoofing in the “Extend” operation mode.
Two Gigabit Uplink Ports
The GSD-1008HP comes with two uplink ports with 1000Mbps transfer rate to ensure high-speed data and video transmission, reliable assurance for connection between the surveillance system and outside network where the eight PoE+ ports can be used to their full potential.
Stable and High Performance Switch Architecture
The GSD-1008HP has an 8K MAC address table, featuring high performance switch architecture capable of providing the non-blocking 20Gbps switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 14.88Mpps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands. Besides, the 802.3x full-duplex flow control function of the GSD-1008HP enables PD devices and servers to be directly connected to the switch for wire-speed packet transfer performance without the risk of packet loss
Easy Cable Connection
With data switching and power over Ethernet integrated into one unit, the GSD-1008HP reduces cabling requirements and eliminates the need for dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. A wire that carries both data and power can lower the installation costs, simplify the installation effort and eliminate the need for electricians or extension cords. With 8 PoE interfaces, the GSD-1008HP is ideal for small businesses and workgroups making the deployment of the PoE facility including wireless access points, IP-based surveillance camera and IP phones in any places easier, more efficient and more cost-effective.