- 24-port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper
- 2 1000BASE-X mini-GBIC/SFP slots
Power over Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus
- Complies with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Up to 24 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered
- Supports PoE power up to 30.8 watts for each PoE port
- Each port supports 52V DC power to PoE powered device
- 220-watt PoE budget
- Auto detects powered device (PD)
- Circuit protection prevents power interference between ports
- Remote power feeding up to 100m
- Hardware-based 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
- Flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- Integrates address look-up engine, supporting 8K absolute MAC addresses
- 9K jumbo frame supports all speeds (10/100/1000Mbps)
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN transparency
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) function (IEEE 802.3az)
- 19-inch desktop size, 1U height
- LED indicators for PoE ready and PoE activity
- Ethernet Link Energy-saving technology
– Link down power savings
- – Intelligent use of power based on cable length
The GSW-2620HP is equipped with 24 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 1000BASE-X SFP interfaces with inner power system. Its 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports are integrated with an 802.3at PoE+ injector function. It offers a rack-mountable, safe and reliable power solution for SMBs deploying Power over Ethernet networks.
IEEE 802.3at/af Compliant Power Source Switch
The PoE in-line power following the IEEE 802.3at/af standard makes the GSW-2620HP able to deliver Gigabit speed data and up to 30 watts of power per port to 24 PoE compliant powered devices (PDs) with a combined power output budget of up to 220 watts. The GSW-2620HP provides more flexibility in power requirement for all kinds of PDs with affordable installation costs.
The GSW-2620HP uses new engine that incorporates two advanced Green Networking technologies:
- Idle Mode Link Down power savings
- Intelligent use of power based on cable length
The Idle Mode Link Down power saving of the GSW-2620HP complies with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard to automatically lower power for a given port when it is not linked. The Intelligent use of power feature actively determines the appropriate power level based on the cable length. When connecting to the GSW-2620HP with Ethernet cable shorter than 20m, a device can obtain maximum power savings because the GSW-2620HP would automatically detect the Ethernet cable length and reduce power usage. The connected device can substantially reduce the overall power consumption, which makes a significant contribution to energy savings.
Easy Installation and Cable Connection
Providing data transfer and high PoE in one unit, the GSW-2620HP is able to reduce the need of extended cables and electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. It helps to lower the installation costs and simplify the installation effort. All RJ45 copper interfaces of the GSW-2620HP support 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cables. It also supports standard auto-MDI/MDI-X that can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight-through or crossover cables.
Flexible Extension Solution
The two mini-GBIC slots built in the GSW-2620HP are compatible with the 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceiver, uplinked to backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters (multi-mode fiber) to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.