- Eight 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T
- Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function
- Hardware-based 10/100Mbps, half / full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode, flow control and auto-negotiation
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- Integrated address look-up engine, supporting 4K absolute MAC addresses
- 9K Jumbo packet size
- Power saving ability for Green networking
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports CSMA/CD protocol
- Made from plastic, desktop size and wall-mount design
- LED indicators for system power, per port Link / Act
- 5V DC, 1A external power adapter
- FCC, CE Class B compliant
The GSD-804, incorporating two advanced Green Networking technologies, is able to provide power saving by up to 40% but maintains high performance efficiently.
(1) Hibernation Link Down power saving
The Hibernation Link Down power saving goes beyond IEEE specifications to automatically lower power for a given port when it is not linked. With the Hibernation Link Down power saving technology, the GSD-804 will automatically adjust power usage of the ports that are shut down or not connected to network device.
(2) Intelligent scales power based on cable length
Intelligent scales power, the other technology adopted, is an intelligent algorithm that actively determines the appropriate power level based on cable length. When the GSD-804 is connected with Ethernet cable shorter than 20m, a device can obtain maximum power saving because the GSD-804 would automatically detect the Ethernet cable length and diminish power usage. The connected device can substantially reduce the overall power consumption, which makes a significant contribution to energy saving.
Leading Home, SOHO and Workgroup Users to High-speed Networking Generation
The GSD-804 is designed with modern plastic compact housing and easy to deploy high speed Gigabit networking in home or SOHO applications. Providing 16Gbps internal switching fabric, the GSD-804 can handle an extremely large amount of data in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high capacity servers. The GSD-804 provides 4K MAC address table and wire-speed packet transfer performance without risk of packet loss. The high data throughput of the device makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments, especially for the network to be upgraded to a Gigabit environment.
Plug & Play
All RJ-45 copper interfaces of the GSD-804 support 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 5, 5e or 6 cables. They support standard auto-MDI/MDI-X feature which can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables.