- 5 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T
- Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function
- Hardware-based 10/100Mbps, half / full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode, flow control and auto-negotiation
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- Integrated address look-up engine, supporting 2K absolute MAC addresses
- 9K jumbo packet size
- Power saving ability for Green networking
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports CSMA/CD protocol
- Made from plastic, desktop size and wall-mount design
- LED indicators for system power, per port Link/Act
- 5V DC, 1A external power adapter
- FCC, CE Class B compliant
The GSD-504 uses new engine that provides power savings of up to 40% but maintains high performance efficiently. It incorporates two advanced Green Networking technologies:
- Hibernation Link Down power savings
- Intelligent use of power based on cable length
The Hibernation Link Down power savings goes beyond IEEE specifications to automatically lower power for a given port when it is not linked. With the Hibernation Link Down power saving technology, the GSD-504 will automatically adjust power usage of the ports that are shut down or not connected to network device.
Intelligent use of power uses an intelligent algorithm that actively determines the appropriate power level based on cable length. When the GSD-504 is connected with Ethernet cable shorter than 20m, a device can obtain maximum power savings because the GSD-504 would automatically detect the Ethernet cable length and diminish power usage. The connected device can substantially reduce the overall power consumption, which makes a significant contribution to energy savings.
Leading Home, SOHO and Workgroup Users to High-speed Networking Generation
The GSD-504 is designed with modern plastic compact housing and easy to deploy high speed Gigabit networking in home or SOHO applications. Providing 10Gbps internal switching fabric, the GSD-504 can handle an extremely large amount of data in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high capacity servers. The GSD-504 provides 2K MAC address table, and wire-speed packet transfer performance without risk of packet loss. The high data throughput of the device makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments, especially for the network to be upgraded to a Gigabit environment.
Plug & Play
All RJ45 copper interfaces of the GSD-504 support 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ45 Category 5, 5e or 6 cables. They support standard auto-MDI/MDI-X feature which can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight-through or crossover cables.